Friday, January 21, 2011

Floating down the Amazon

Right now I am floating down the Amazon River in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. To say this cool, is an understatement. We still have another two days until we reach our port of Manaus. It's so wierd seeing insects again. I didn't realize they had dissappeared until they were back (and bigger than ever). The water is a murky brown due to the sediment that gets washed down the Andes 3000 miles to our west. The coastline is far enough away that all I can make out are a few scattered houses, no life. I really want to see a pink dolphin. Apparently, they inhabit the Amazon River. I won't be spending much time in the Amazon, so I'm really enjoying this stretch on the river. As soon as we dock, I'll be flying out to Rio for the remainder of our stay in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment